Proxy Cloudera Manager through Apache Knox
In order to have Cloudera Manager proxied through Knox, there are some steps you must complete.
Set the value for frontend_url:
- Non-HA value: https://$Knox_host:$knox_port
- HA value: https://$Knox_loadbalancer_host:$Knox_loadbalancer_port
Set allowed groups, hosts, and users for Knox Proxy:
- Allowed Groups for Knox Proxy: *
- Allowed Hosts for Knox Proxy: *
- Allowed Users for Knox Proxy: *
- Enable Kerberos/SPNEGO authentication for the Admin Console and API: : true
- From Knox Proxy Principal: knox. , set
However in cases where no LDAP server is available ,corresponding Cloudera Manager local users can be created and assigned roles manually in.