Configuring compaction health monitoring
As an administrator, you can use Cloudera Manager to enable or disable compaction health tests for the Hive Metastore (HMS) and HiveServer (HS2) services, configure how those health tests factor into the overall health of the service, and modify thresholds for the status of certain health tests.
- In Cloudera Manager, click to navigate to the configuration page for HMS.
- Search for Hive Compaction Health Test, enable the property, and save the changes.
- Enable the Hive Compaction Health Test property for the HS2 service by going to .
- To configure the Health Check thresholds, go to .
- Select the filter.
- Modify the warning and critical (error) threshold values for the required compaction-related thresholds and save the changes.