Configuring alert rules for email alerts
You can configure an alert rule using Cloudera Manager. An alert rule ensures certain hosts or services or roles or health test alerts are sent to only selected email addresses. You can create any number of alert rules.
Minimum Required Role: Limited Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator and Cluster Administrator)
- Log into Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
- Go to .
- Select Alert Publisher from the SCOPE drop-down menu and select Main from the CATEGORY drop-down menu.
- Locate the Alert rules for email alerting property or search for it by typing its name in the Search box.
- Configure the Alert rules for email alerting property. Click Add Another to add a new alert rule.
- Select the severity level of the alert from the list of severity levels (Warning, Critical, or Both).
Enter the priority value for the alert rule in the
Specify thevalues in the User Profiles,
Host Groups, Service Groups,
Service Types, Role Groups,
Role Types, and Health Tests
fields as needed.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page to save your settings.
- Restart the Alert Publisher role. For more information, see Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Role Instances.