Configuring host groups for email alerts
You can configure a host group using Cloudera Manager. A host group defines a subset of hosts and alerts generated by hosts are sent to the cluster administrator who manages these hosts. You can create any number of host groups.
Minimum Required Role: Limited Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator and Cluster Administrator)
- Log into Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
- Go to .
- Select Alert Publisher from the SCOPE drop-down menu and select Main from the CATEGORY drop-down menu.
- Locate the Host groups for email alerting property or search for it by typing its name in the Search box.
- Configure the Host groups for email alerting property. Click Add Another to add a new host group.
- Enter a unique name for the host group in the Key field.
Enter the comma-separated list of host names in the
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page to save your settings.
- Restart the Alert Publisher role. For more information, see Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Role Instances.