Configuring service groups for email alerts
You can configure a service group using Cloudera Manager. A service group defines a subset of services for which you need email alerts. You can create any number of service groups.
Minimum Required Role: Limited Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator and Cluster Administrator)
- Log into Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
- Go to .
- Select Alert Publisher from the SCOPE drop-down menu and select Main from the CATEGORY drop-down menu.
- Locate the Service groups for email alerting property or search for it by typing its name in the Search box.
- Configure the Service groups for email alerting property. Click Add Another to add a new service group.
- Enter a unique name for the service group in the Key field.
Enter the comma-separated list of service names in the
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page to save your settings.
- Restart the Alert Publisher role. For more information, see Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Role Instances.