Fixed Issues in Apache Sqoop
Review the list of Sqoop issues that are resolved in Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9.
- CDPD-44397: Implement ORC support in Sqoop-Connector-Teradata component
- A new version of Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata version 18.104.22.168c7 is released which includes ORC support in the Sqoop-Connector-Teradata component. You can use Teradata Manager to import data from the Teradata server to Hive in ORC format.
- CDPD-44431: Disable the Sqoop direct mode feature with ability to enable it again temporarily
- Sqoop's direct mode is no longer supported and is disabled by
default. However, you can still enable it by either setting the
sqoop.enable.deprecated.directproperty globally in Cloudera Manager for Sqoop or by specifying it in the command-line through
- CDPD-44531: Sqoop cannot export Parquet data due to ClassCastException
- Sqoop can now export the following data types from Avro and
- Int, Float, Double to the same RDBMS types
- Long to BigDecimal, Date, Time, TimeStamp
- Bytes to BigDecimal
- Fixed to Decimal and TimeStamp
Note that Fixed to TimeStamp does not work if the source date is based on the Julian calendar.
- CDPD-47175: Sqoop Hive import with ORC file fails with ClassCastException
- The import process of Sqoop to ORC file has been updated. Whenever an unsupported conversion is attempted, Sqoop now provides a comprehensive error message describing the issue.
- Sqoop can now import the following data types:
- Byte, Short, Int, Long, Float, Double from the same RDBMS types
- BigDecimal to Long, Double, String
- Date, Timestamp to String, Date, Timestamp
- CDPD-50423: Sqoop ClassCastExceptions when exporting from Parquet
- Sqoop has been enhanced to support additional data type mappings when exporting from Parquet.
- CDPD-56523: Sqoop does not take
--hive-compute-statsoption into account for
- Sqoop now considers the
--hive-compute-statsoption for Hive imports when
hs2-urlparameter is used.