Configuring Ranger Usersync and Tagsync High Availability
How to configure high availabilty of Ranger Usersync and Tagsync manually.
Ranger Usersync and Tagsync run on one host and belong to Ranger Usersync and Tagsync default groups by default. Configuring high availability adds another instance of each role to an additional host, which host continues to run the features if the default host fails.
On Add Role Instances, as
- Add Ranger Usersync and Tagsync roles to a new host, using Add Role Instance wizard.
Select the newly added roles along with the existing roles by checking the
Verify that the port information for Usersync and Tagsync matches the
- Ranger Usersync HTTP port
- Ranger Usersync HTTPS port
- Ranger Tagsync HTTP port
- Ranger Tagsync HTTPS port
- Go to .
- Select .
- After successful restarts, Ranger Usersync and Ranger Tagsync run in High Availability mode.
- Active Ranger Usersync and Ranger Tagsync roles appear on Instances, as shown: