Setting credentials for Ranger Usersync custom keystore
How to set the custom keystore file location and password for a Ranger Usersync custom keystore.
Ranger Usersync role creates a default keystore file, ranger.usersync.keystore.file during restart. UNIX authentication in Ranger Admin requires this keystore file. The keystore file takes a password from the ranger.usersync.keystore.password configuration, exposed in Cloudera Manager supporting CDP 7.1.6 and higher.
To set Ranger Usersync custom keystore credentials:
- In , type Ranger Usersync Advanced Configuration Snippet in the search field.
In Ranger Usersync Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for
conf/ranger-ugsync-site.xml , enter the following:
- In Name, type: ranger.usersync.keystore.file
- In Value, type: <keystore_file_path>
- In , type Usersync Keystore Password in the search field.
- In ranger.usersync.keystore.password, type a new password.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart Ranger Usersync.