Adding a user
How a Ranger Admin user can add new Ranger users.
- Admin users can create the following user types:
- A Ranger Admin user can also import/ export policies for services (for example hdfs, hive, atlas, etc. ) other than kms.
- KeyAdmin users cannot create users, but can:
- Import kms policies
- Export kms policies
- access Key Manager module functionality with full permissions.
- Auditor users cannot create users. but can:
- access Audit Manager module functionality with full permissions.
- Log in to Ranger Admin Web UI, using administrator credentials.
In the Ranger Admin Web UI, select .
Users/Groups/Roles displays the Users tab active.
Click Add New User .
User Detail displays User Create options.
On User Create, enter information in ALL REQUIRED (*)
fields, then click Save.
In this example, Auditor has been selected in Select Role. No group has been selected, nor has the password been confirmed.After completing all required fields, clicking Save immediately creates the user and adds the user to any selected groups.