In order to replicate data between clusters, you must configure replications for Streams Replication Manager (SRM). Each replication specifies a source->target cluster pair and the direction in which data is replicated. Replications can be configured in Cloudera Manager.
Configuring replications does not start the replication of data. When you configure your
replications, SRM sets up communication with the clusters specified within each replication,
but does not automatically replicate any data. To start replicating data, you must specify
which topics and groups you want to replicate. This is done using the
srm-control command line tool. Unless the tool is used to add topics and
consumer groups to the replication allowlists, the replications you configure remain empty
- In Cloudera Manager, select Streams Replication Manager.
- Go to Configuration.
- Add and enable
- Find the Streams Replication Manager's Replication Configs property.
- Click the add button and add new lines for each unique replication you want to add and enable.
- Add and enable your replications. For example:
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart Streams Replication Manager.
srm-controltool to start replication by adding topics or groups to the allowlist.