Installing CDP Private Cloud Data Services
Follow the steps in this topic to install CDP Private Cloud Data Services.
In Cloudera Manager, on the top right corner, click Add
> Add Cluster. The Select Cluster
Type page appears.
In the Select Cluster Type page, select the cluster type
as Private Cloud Containerized Cluster and click
On the Getting Started page of the installation wizard,
select Internet or Air Gapped as
the Install Method. To use a custom repository link provided to you by Cloudera,
click Custom Repository. Click
Internet install method:
Air Gapped install method:
In the Cluster Basics page, type a name for the Private
Cloud cluster that you want to create in the Cluster Name
field. From the Base Cluster drop-down list, select the
cluster that has the storage and SDX services that
you want this new Private Cloud Data Services instance to connect with. Click
In the Specify Hosts page, provide a list of available
hosts or you can add new hosts. You can provide the Fully Qualified Domain Name
(FQDN) in the following patterns:
You can specify multiple addresses and address ranges by separating them by commas, semicolons, tabs, or blank spaces, or by placing them on separate lines. Use this technique to make more specific searches instead of searching overly wide ranges.
For example, use host[1-3].network.com to specify these hosts: host1.network.com, host2.network.com, host3.network.com.
In the Select JDK page, select any one from the below
- Manually manage JDK
- Install a Cloudera-provided version of OpenJDK
Install a system-provided version of
In the Enter Login Credentials page select the
SSH Username and provide the password.
The Install Agents page appears.
In the Assign Roles page, you can customize the roles
assignment for your new Private Cloud Containerized cluster.
In the Configure Docker Repository page, you must select
one of the Docker repository options.
Use an embedded Docker Repository - Copies all images (Internet or AirGapped) to the embedded registry.
Use Cloudera’s default Docker Repository - Copies images from Internet to the embedded registry. This uses the default repository that is in manifest.jsonIf you select Use an embedded Docker Repository option, then you can download and deploy the Data Services that you need for your cluster.
- By selecting Default, all the data services will be downloaded and deployed.
- By selecting Select the optional images:
- If you switch off the Machine Learning toggle key, then the Machine Learning runtimes will not be installed.
- If you switch on the Machine Learning toggle key, then the Machine Learning runtimes will be installed.
In the Configure Data Services page, you can modify
configuration settings such as the data storage directory, number of replicas,
and so on. If there are multiple disks mounted on each host with different
characteristics (HDD and SSD), then Local Path Storage Directory must point to
the path belonging to the optimal storage. Ensure that you have reviewed your
changes. If you want to specify a custom certificate, place the certificate and
the private key in a specific location on the Cloudera Manager server host and
specify the paths in the input boxes labelled as Ingress Controller TLS/SSL
Server Certificate/Private Key File below. This certificate will be copied to
the Control Plane during the installation process.
In the Configure Databases page, follow the instructions
in the wizard to use your external existing databases with CDP Private
For production environments, Cloudera recommends that you use databases that you have previously created. These databases must all be on the same host and that host must be a PostgreSQL database server running version 10 or higher.
Ensure that you have selected the Use TLS for Connections Between the Control Plane and the Database option if you have plans to use Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW). Enabling the Private Cloud Base Cluster PostgreSQL database to use an SSL connection to encrypt client-server communication is a requirement for CDW in CDP Private Cloud.
In the Install Parcels page, the selected parcels are
downloaded and installed on the host cluster. Click
In the Inspect Cluster page, you can inspect your
network performance and hosts. If the inspect tool displays any issues, you can
fix those issues and run the inspect tool again.
In the Install Data Services page, you will see the
After the installation is complete, you will see the
Summary image. You can Launch CDP Private
- After the installation is complete, you can access your Private Cloud Data Services instance from Cloudera Manager > click Open Private Cloud Data Services.
- Click Open Private Cloud Data Services to launch your Private Cloud Experiences instance.
- Log in using the default username and password admin.
- In the Welcome to CDP Private Cloud page, click Change Password to change the Local Administrator Account password.
- Set up external authentication using the URL of the LDAP server and a CA certificate of your secure LDAP. Follow the instructions on the Welcome to CDP Private Cloud page to complete this step.
- Click Test Connection to ensure that you are able to connect to the configured LDAP server.
- Create your first Virtual Warehouse in the CDW Data Service
- Provision an ML Workspace in the CML Data Service
- Add a CDE service in the CDE Data Service