CDP Private Cloud Base requirements
Your CDP Private Cloud Base cluster must have the operating system, JDK, database, CDP components, and CDP Runtime version required to install CDP Private Cloud Experiences.
Operating system, JDK, and database:
- CentOS 7.x, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x, and Oracle Linux 8.x
- JDK 11 (any distribution)
- PostgreSQL 10.6 or higher
The PostgreSQL database instance must be configured to accept inbound TLS requests to the Hive Metastore database. A TLS connection is required when initiated from CDW in OpenShift.
Ensure that you have CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.5 or higher with a Data Lake cluster and Cloudera Manager 7.2.4. The platform support is extended continuously, and you can contact Cloudera Support for the most up-to-date information.
CDP Runtime components (services):
- Hive Metastore (HMS)
Additionally, do the following:
- Set up Kerberos on these clusters using an Active Directory or MIT KDC
- Enable TLS on the Cloudera Manager cluster for communication with components and services
- Ensure that the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster is on the same network as the OpenShift cluster
- Configure PostgreSQL database as an external database for the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster components
- Configure the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster hostnames to be forward and reverse resolvable in DNS from the OpenShift cluster
httpstraffic when you use a load balancer with the OpenShift external API
You can use the CDP Management Console to create one or more environments. These environments can be associated with any of the Data Lake from the CDP Private Cloud Base clusters. The CDP Private Cloud Base Cloudera Manager deploys the CDP Management Console.
Cloudera currently does not support associating an environment with many CDP Private Cloud Base cluster installations.