CDP Private Cloud Experiences Installation Software Requirements
The software requirements for the nodes on which Private Cloud Experiences are deployed are identical to CDP Private Cloud Base. The most basic requirement is the operating system and JDK support.
This release ships with Cloudera Manager 7.5.1. This new version of Cloudera Manager has the support to create and manage the ECS cluster. If you have an existing Base cluster setup, managed by Cloudera Manager, you must first upgrade the Cloudera Manager to the Cloudera Manager 7.5.1.
For this release, the ECS nodes will support:
- CentOS 7.8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.8, and Oracle Linux 7.8
- JDK 11 (any distribution)
- For CML, you must install nfs-utils in order to mount longhorn-nfs provisioned mounts. The nfs-utils package is required on every node of the ECS cluster. Run this command yum install nfs-utils to install nfs-utils.
- If you have nodes with GPU, you must install Cuda Drivers, Nvidia Container runtime,
and Kernel Header:
- sudo yum install kernel-devel-$(uname -r) kernel-headers-$(uname -r)
- sudo yum group install "Development Tools"
- sudo yum-config-manager --add-repo https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/rhel7/x86_64/cuda-rhel7.repo
- yum install dkms
- yum install nvidia-driver-latest-dkms
- distribution=$(. /etc/os-release;echo $ID$VERSION_ID)
- curl -s -L https://nvidia.github.io/nvidia-container-runtime/$distribution/nvidia-container-runtime.repo | sudo tee /etc/yum.repos.d/nvidia-container-runtime.repo
Private Cloud Base Cluster:
Your Private Cloud Base cluster must have the operating system, JDK, database, CDP components, and CDP Runtime version compatible with Private Cloud Experiences.
You can install your Private Cloud Base cluster independently. Cloudera recommends you to first set up the Private Cloud Base cluster with data and then install the Private Cloud Experiences cluster. To know the requirements for the Private Cloud Base cluster, see CDP Private Cloud Base Requirements and Supported Versions.
Ensure that you have CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.6 or higher with a Data Lake cluster. For the Private Cloud Base cluster setup, you can use the latest GA version of Cloudera Manager 7.5.1.
The following Private Cloud Base cluster services are required to fully assess the Experiences:
- Hive Metastore (HMS)
Additionally, you must perform the following:
- Set up Kerberos on these clusters using an Active Directory or MIT KDC.
- Enable TLS on the Cloudera Manager cluster for communication with components and services.
- Configure PostgreSQL database as an external database for the Private Cloud Base cluster components.
- If you do not have entitlements, contact your Cloudera account team to get the necessary entitlements.
- Ensure all the hosts in the ECS cluster have 20 gigabytes free in the /tmp and /var directories.
- The cluster generates multiple hosts and host based routing is used in the cluster in order to route it to the right service. You must decide on a domain for the services which Cloudera Manager by default points to one of the hostnames on the cluster. However, during the installation, you should check the default domain and override the default domain (only if necessary) with what you plan to use as the domain. The default domain must have a wildcard DNS entry. For example, “*.apps.myhostname.com”.