Supported In-Place Upgrade Paths
Supported upgrade paths for CDH, HDP, and CDP Private Cloud Base.
Supported Upgrades from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base
- Upgrade from Cloudera Manager/CDH 5.13.x - 5.16.x to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1. This will upgrade
CDH and Cloudera Manager to the following versions:
- Cloudera Runtime 7.1.1 or higher
- Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher
- Upgrades from Cloudera Manager/CDH 5.0 - 5.12 to CDP Private Cloud Base require that you first upgrade to Cloudera Manager/CDH 5.13 or higher.
- Upgrades from CDH 6.1 and higher to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.1 and higher are supported. Upgrades from CDH 6.0 are not supported.
- Kafka upgrades require that you are running CDK 4.1. If you are running an earlier version of CDK, you must first upgrade to CDK 4.1 and then perform the upgrade from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Upgrades from Cloudera Director are not supported.
Upgrades from HDP 2.6.5 to CDP Private Cloud Base
Upgrades from HDP 3.1.5 to CDP Private Cloud Base
You can upgrade from HDP 3.1.5 and Ambari 2.7.5.x to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.6 or higher.
Upgrades from CDP Private Cloud Base 7.0 to 7.1
- You can upgrade from Cloudera Manager 7.0.3 or higher to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher.
- You can upgrade from Cloudera Runtime 7.0.3 or higher to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.1 or higher.
Upgrades for CDSW in CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1
The version of CDSW must be at 1.7.1 to upgrade CDSW for use with CDP Private Cloud Base.
Upgrades from CDH to higher versions of CDH
|Current Cloudera Manager Version||Supported Cloudera Manager Upgrade Paths||Supported CDH Upgrade Paths|
|6.0 Beta release||No supported upgrades.||No supported upgrades.|
|5.7 - 5.14||
|5.0 - 5.6||
|Cloudera Manager Version||Supported CDH/Runtime versions||Supported CDP Private Cloud Experiences versions|
Supported with Cloudera Runtime 7.1.6 only
Supported with Cloudera Runtime 7.1.5 only
Upgrades from Cloudera Director are not supported.