Additional changes to accommodate HMS changes for Hive replication
To use Replication Manager for Hive replication in environments where the Hive Metastore (HMS) changes often, such as when a database or table gets created or deleted, you must configure additional properties to accommodate the changes.
- In Cloudera Manager, go to the tab.
- Search for the HDFS Client Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hdfs-site.xml property on the source cluster.
Add the following properties:
- In the Name field, enter replication.hive.ignoreDatabaseNotFound and in the Value field, enter true
- In the Name field, enter replication.hive.ignoreTableNotFound and in the Value field, enter true
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the HDFS service.