Step 1: Getting Started with Operating System Upgrades
- Ensure that the versions of Cloudera Manager and CDH or Cloudera
Runtime support your new operating system.
- See Operating System Requirements for CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Ensure that the host has access to the Cloudera Manager server,
daemon and agent packages that are supported for the new operating
system, either by having access to
https://archive.cloudera.comor a local package repository.
- Ensure that the Cloudera Manager server has access to the parcels
that are using supported for the new Operating System, either by
having access to
https://archive.cloudera.comor a local parcel repository.
- If you have a patched package or parcel installed, make sure you have the same package or parcel for the new Operating System and it has been made available to Cloudera Manager.
- Understand that performing a major release upgrade for the operating system in-place may be quite tricky and risky.