Manually add the configurations of yarn-site.xml
Once the upgrade to CDP Private Cloud Base is completed, you
have to manually add the
yarn-site.xml configurations using Cloudera
Manager Advanced configuration snippet (Safety Valves).
The fs2cs conversion utility generates two output files:
capacity-scheduler.xml file can be uploaded using the Upgrade
Wizard, but the configurations in the
yarn-site.xml have to be
manually added once the upgrade is completed.
Use the fs2cs conversion utility to generate the
Complete the upgrade process.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the YARN service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Search for yarn-site, and find the YARN Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for yarn-site.xml.
Copy the content of the
Click View as XML and paste the copied content.
yarn-site.xmlfile can contain the following configurations:
- Continuous scheduling enabled/disabled
- Continuous scheduling interval
- Preemption enabled/disabled
- Wait time before preemption
- Wait time before next starvation check
- Assign multiple enabled/disabled
- Maximum number of heartbeat assignments
- Locality threshold per node
- Locality threshold per rack
- Size-based weight enabled/disabled
- Resource calculator class
- Async scheduling enabled/disabled
Manually remove the following invalid tags:
- configuration tags
- final tags
- source tags
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the YARN service.