Adding Query Processor service to a cluster
The Query Processor service indexes Hive and Tez events and provides APIs to access them. It is required if you want to view the Queries tab (query history and query details) on the Hue Job Browser. You must install the Query Processor service on your CDP Private Cloud Base clusters manually.
This task assumes that you already have a PostgreSQL database installed on a host in your cluster.
- SSH into your database host as a root user.
- Start the psql terminal by entering the following command:
sudo -u postgres psql
- Run the following statement while specifying the username, password, and a
database name for the Query Processor:
CREATE ROLE [***QP-USER***] WITH LOGIN PASSWORD '[***QP-PASSWORD***]'; ALTER ROLE [***QP-USER***] CREATEDB; CREATE DATABASE [***QP-DATABASE***]; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE [***QP-DATABASE***] TO [***QP-USER***];
- Log in to Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
- Go to .
Select Query Processor on the Add Service to
Cluster page and click Continue.
The required dependencies are automatically selected.
- Select the host on which you want to install the Query Processor by clicking View By Host. Then click Continue.
Select the database type, and specify the database hostname, database name, and
username and password to access the database on the Setup
Database page and click Test
After the connection is verified, click Continue.
On the Review Changes page, accept the default settings
and click Continue.
If Kerberos or Auto-TLS are set up on your Data Hub cluster, then the corresponding settings are automatically configured.The Command Details page is displayed, which shows the status of the installation and configuration.
- Click Continue if the operation is successful.
- Click Finish on the Summary page.