CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.3 Release Summary
Cloudera is pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Private Cloud (PvC) Base version 7.1.3. With this release, CDP Data Center has been renamed to CDP Private Cloud Base. CDP PvC Base 7.1.3is a cumulative maintenance release carrying forward all features and functions from version 7.1.1 and 7.1.2, plus the following additional features:
Ozone Object Store is now Generally Available on CDP Private Cloud Base
- Ozone can scale upto 2 billion+ objects removing some HDFS scalability limitations with small files, name node performance degradation and fsimage corruptions.
- S3 and HDFS API compatible object store allows customers to co-locate HDFS and Ozone services on the same cluster or node.
- Support for DW workloads from Hive, Impala and LLAP.
- Support for Spark workloads and CML workloads.
Operating System Support
Additional Operating System Support
- Support for Ubuntu 18
- Support for RHEL 7.8 fresh install and upgrade from HDP 2.6.5 and CDH 5.13 - 5.16.
Fixes and enhancement to support Ozone and Private Cloud GA
- New API endpoint that creates a Hive warehouse external directory with the specified name.
- New API endpoint for Ozone credentials to create an Ozone S3 bucket with a specified name