Migrating Security and Governance Data from HDP to CDP
How to migrate security and governance data from HDP to CDP.
Ranger Policy Migration
- The Ranger Policy Import/Export feature can be used to migrate existing Ranger resource-based and tag-based policies to CDP Public Cloud or CDP Private Cloud Base.
- You can use the Ranger UI or the REST API to export and import policies.
- Supported formats: JSON, Excel, CSV
- Use DistCp to copy data into Cloud-native encrypted storage (for CDP Public Cloud) or into another HDFS encryption zone (in CDP Private Cloud Base).
- Data re-encryption will take place during the copy.
Atlas Data Migration
- CDP has Atlas wired up to all workloads. Ported workloads will recreate lineage.
- Use Atlas Export/Import tools (targeted migration) to copy legacy Atlas data to a new deployment.
- Use the Atlas Migration utility tools (migrates all data) to manually migrate legacy atlas data to a new deployment.