Replicating Directories with Thousands of Files and Subdirectories
Replicating data includes a directory with several hundred thousand files or subdirectories.
- On the destination Cloudera Manager instance, go to the HDFS service page.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select Scope > HDFS service name (Service-Wide) and CategoryAdvanced.
- Locate the HDFS Replication Advanced Configuration Snippet property.
Increase the heap size by adding a key-value pair, for instance,
HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS=-Xmx1g. In this example,
1gsets the heap size to 1 GB. This value should be adjusted depending on the number of files and directories being replicated.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.