Replicating directories with thousands of files and subdirectories
Before you replicate the data in directories that has thousands of files and subdirectories, increase the heap size in the hadoop-env.sh file.
- On the destination Cloudera Manager instance, go to the HDFS service page.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Expand Scope and then select HDFS service name (Service-Wide) option.
- Expand CategoryAdvanced and select Advanced.
- Locate the HDFS Replication Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hadoop-env.sh property.
Increase the heap size by adding a key-value pair, for instance,
HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS=-Xmx1g. In this example,
1gsets the heap size to 1 GB. This value should be adjusted depending on the number of files and directories being replicated.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.