CDP Private Cloud Components
CDP Private Cloud comprises of components such as an environment, a Data Lake, the Management Console, and the Data Warehouse and Machine Learning experiences.
- Management Console:
- A service for administering CDP. As a CDP administrator, you can use Management Console for managing environments, data lakes, environment resources, and users across all CDP services.
- A logical entity that represents the association of your Private Cloud user account with compute resources using which you can provision and manage workloads such as Data Warehouse and Machine Learning. For a CDP Private Cloud deployment, you must configure the environment on an OpenShift cluster.
- Data Lake:
- Creates a protective ring of security and governance around your data. For a CDP Private Cloud deployment, the Data Lake services are hosted on the base CDP Data Center cluster. In addition, the Data Lake services are shared between multiple workloads.
- Data Warehouse:
- This experience enables an enterprise to provision a new data warehouse and share a subset of the data with a specific team or department. A Data Warehouse cluster can be created from the Management Console and accessed by end users (data analysts).
- Machine Learning:
- This experience enables teams of data scientists to develop, test, train, and ultimately deploy machine learning models for building predictive applications all on the data under management within the enterprise data cloud. A Machine Learning workspace can be created from the Management Console and accessed by end users (data scientists).