Update permissions for Replication Manager service
After the upgrade process is complete, you must update the permissions in the Ranger audit log path in HDFS, so that the data replication using Replication Manager works as expected.
- Add the “hive” user to the user-groups (supergroup, hdfs, hadoop) on all hosts, including the source and target clusters.
- Provide “hive” user permissions in HDFS in the Ranger UI.
- To add the “hive” user to the user-groups, use these
> sudo usermod -a -G hdfs hive > sudo usermod -a -G hadoop hive > id -Gn hive > sudo groupadd supergroup > sudo usermod -a -G supergroup hive > hdfs groups hive
- To provide permissions for the Ranger audit log path in HDFS:
- Log in to Ranger Admin UI.
Provide "hive" user permission to "all-path" in hdfs under the