Unsupported Interfaces and Features
You need to know the interfaces available in HDP or CDH platforms that are no longer supported in CDP. Some features you might have used are also unsupported.
- Hcat CLI
- Hive CLI (replaced by Beeline)
- Hive View
- LLAP (available in CDP Public Cloud only)
- MapReduce execution engine (replaced by Tez)
- S3 for storing tables (available in CDP Public Cloud only)
- Spark execution engine (replaced by Tez)
- Spark thrift server
Spark and Hive tables interoperate using the Hive Warehouse Connector.
- SQL Standard Authorization
- Tez View
You can use Hue in lieu of Hive View.
CDP does not support the following features that were available in HDP and CDH platforms:
- CREATE TABLE that specifies a managed table location
Do not use the LOCATION clause to create a managed table. Hive assigns a default location in the warehouse to managed tables. That default location is configured in Hive using the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir configuration property, but can be overridden for the database by setting the CREATE DATABASE MANAGEDLOCATION parameter.
- CREATE INDEX and related index commands were removed in Hive 3, and consequently are not
supported in CDP.
In CDP, you use the Hive 3 default ORC columnar file formats to achieve the performance benefits of indexing. Materialized Views with automatic query rewriting also improves performance. Indexes migrated to CDP are preserved but render any Hive tables with an undroppable index. To drop the index, google the Known Issue for CDPD-23041.
- Hive metastore (HMS) high availablility (HA) load balancing in CDH
You need to set up HMS HA as described in the documentation.
Unsupported Connector Use
CDP does not support the Sqoop exports using the Hadoop
jar command (the
Java API) that Teradata documents.