Back up Solr configuration metadata using Cloudera Manager
Before upgrading to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.1 or higher, back up your Solr collections . This enables you to roll back to the pre-upgrade state if any problems occur during the upgrade process.
- Make sure that the HDFS and ZooKeeper services are running.
- Make sure that you set the Upgrade Backup Directory configuration property in Cloudera Manager.
- Make sure that the directory you specified as Upgrade Backup
Directory exists in HDFS and is writable by the Search superuser
- Stop the Solr service (Cancel and stop the dependent services first, and then stop the Solr service. ). If you see a message about stopping dependent services, click
- Back up the Solr configuration metadata ( ).
- Start the Solr service ( ).
- Start any dependent services that you stopped.