Upgrading CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version
An upgrade from CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version of CDP Private Cloud Base has the following high-level workflow:
- Prepare to upgrade:
- Review the Supported Upgrade Paths for your upgrade.
- Review the Requirements and Supported Versions for your upgrade
- Review the Release Notes for the version of CDP Private Cloud Base you are upgrading to.
- Gather information on your deployment. See Getting Started Upgrading Cloudera Manager and Getting Started Upgrading a Cluster.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- If necessary, Upgrade the JDK.
- If necessary, Upgrade the Operating System.
- Upgrade Cloudera Manager to version 7.1.1 or higher. After upgrading to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher, Cloudera Manager can manage upgrading your cluster to a higher version. See Upgrading Cloudera Manager.
- Use Cloudera Manager to Upgrade CDH to Cloudera Runtime 7, or from Cloudera Runtime to a higher version of Cloudera Runtime. See Upgrading a Cluster.
Upgrades from CDP Private Cloud Base 7.0 to 7.1
- You can upgrade from Cloudera Manager 7.0.3 or higher to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher.
- You can upgrade from Cloudera Runtime 7.0.3 or higher to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.1 or higher.