In-place upgrade overview
This document provides instructions on upgrading from Ambari managed HDP 2.6.5 to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Upgrade HDP 2.6.5 to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x using Ambari.
- Transition the management platform from Ambari to Cloudera Manager.
To upgrade to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x, you must first upgrade from Ambari 2.6.2.x (source) to Ambari 7.1.x.x (target) and then upgrade from HDP 2.6.5 to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x.
Upgrading and transitioning to CDP Private Cloud Base
To upgrade and transition to CDP Private Cloud Base using the documentation, perform the following steps.Architecture diagram of the upgrade and transition:The final step of the upgrade process is to transition from the Ambari to Cloudera Manager 7.x.x using the AM2CM tool. It includes the following steps:
- HDP cluster blueprint is exported from Ambari and converted to a Cloudera Manager deployment template using the AM2CM tool.
- Deploy the template to Cloudera Manager 7.x.x and activate the Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x parcels.
- Start using the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster with Cloudera Manager 7.x.x.
- Uninstall Ambari and the HDP stack