In-place upgrade overview
This document provides instructions on upgrading from Ambari managed HDP 2.6.5 to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Upgrade HDP 2.6.5 to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x using Ambari.
- Transition the management platform from Ambari to Cloudera Manager
- HDP cluster blueprint is exported from Ambari and converted to a Cloudera Manager deployment template using the AM2CM tool.
- Deploy the template to Cloudera Manager 7.2.x and activate the Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x parcels.
- Start using the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster with Cloudera Manager 7.1.x.
- Uninstall Ambari and the HDP stack
AM2CM Certification: The AM2CM tool is now certified to support Cloudera Manager version 7.2.4 and Cloudera Runtime version 7.1.4. To avail this support, you must upgrade to CDP Private Cloud 7.1.4.Go through upgrading and transitioning to CDP Private Cloud Base to understand the steps that you must perform to complete the HDP to CDP Private Cloud Base upgrade.
Upgrading and transitioning to CDP Private Cloud Base
To upgrade and transition to CDP Private Cloud Base using the documentation, perform the following steps.
To upgrade and transition to CDP Private Cloud Base perform the following steps:
- Review the Upgrade document topic for the supported upgrade paths.
- Gather information on your deployment and verify cluster environment readiness.
- Prepare sample data for ingestion.
- Validate Apache Hive constructs before you upgrade.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- Check readiness and upgrade from Ambari 2.6.2.x to Ambari 7.1.x .
- Upgrade from HDP 2.6.5 to HDP 7.1.x and complete post-upgrade tasks.
Transition from HDP to Cloudera Manager.
- Perform the pre-transition steps for the components deployed in your clusters including exporting blueprint with hosts from Ambari.
- Install Cloudera Manager 7.2.x - the Cloudera Manager server, daemons, and agents.
- Generate Cloudera Manager Deployment template using the AM2CM tool and the exported blueprint with hosts.
- Shutdown Ambari and HDP and import the deployment template into Cloudera Manager.
- Download, distribute, and activate Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x parcels using Cloudera Manager.
- Start CDP Private Cloud Base using Cloudera Manager.
- Perform the post transition steps in Cloudera Manager.
- Configure external authentication with Cloudera Manager if you have LDAP configured on your cluster.
- Install additional services like Hue on your cluster using Cloudera Manager.
- Test and update applications and services on your CDP cluster.