An Overview of the Upgrade Process
This document provides instructions on upgrading from Ambari managed HDP 2.6.5.x to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Upgrade HDP 2.6.5.x to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x using Ambari.
- Transition the management platform from Ambari to Cloudera Manager
The HDP Cluster’s blueprint is captured from Ambari and converted to a Cloudera Manager deployment template using the AM2CM tool. You can then deploy the template to Cloudera Manager 7.1.x and activate the Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x parcels. You can now start using the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster with Cloudera Manager 7.1.x and uninstall the Ambari-managed HDP stack and Ambari 7.1.x.xGo through Upgrading and transitioning to CDP Private Cloud Base to understand the steps that you must perform to complete the HDP to CDP Private Cloud Base upgrade.
Upgrading and transitioning to CDP Private Cloud Base
To upgrade and transition to CDP Private Cloud Base perform the following steps:
- Review the Upgrade document topic for the supported upgrade paths.
- Gather information on your deployment.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- Upgrade from Ambari 2.6.2.x to Ambari 7.1.x .
- Upgrade from HDP 2.6.5.x to HDP 7.1.x.
- Perform the pre-transition steps for the components deployed in your clusters.
- Replace Ambari 7.1.x with Cloudera Manager 7.1.x .
- Replace HDP 7.1.x (HDP intermediate bits) with CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Generate Cloudera Manager Deployment template using the AM2CM tool.
- Shutdown HDP, install Cloudera Manager, and import the Deployment template.
- Download, distribute, and activate Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x parcels using Cloudera Manager.
- Start CDP Private Cloud Base using Cloudera Manager.