Make sure you stop SmartSense and Ambari Metrics. Then you must upgrade the HST binaries, upgrade Ambari service and Ambari view, upgrade the HST Gateway if installed, and then restart the Ambari server.
Confirm that SmartSense and Ambari Metrics are stopped and in Maintenance
- If SmartSense is not stopped, from Ambari Web browse to Services > SmartSense and select Stop from the Service Actions menu.
- If Ambari Metrics is not in Maintenance Mode, From Ambari Web browse to Services > Ambari Metrics and select Turn On Maintenance Mode from the Service Actions menu.
Upgrade binaries on the HST server and all HST agents on every node in the cluster, assuming that the Ambari repository is configured on all nodes in the cluster:
RHEL or CentOS:
- yum clean all
- yum info smartsense-hst
- In the info output, visually validate that there is an available version containing "1.5.x”: yum upgrade smartsense-hst
- apt-get clean all
- apt-get update
- apt-cache show smartsense-hst | grep Version
- In the info output, visually validate that there is an available version containing "1.5.x":apt-get install smartsense-hst
Upgrade Ambari service and Ambari view by running the hst
upgrade-ambari-service command as the root user from the machine
running the Ambari server. You can run the command in the interactive or
Interactive mode example:
# hst upgrade-ambari-service Please enter Ambari Server hostname (ambari-server.hortonworks.local): Please enter Ambari Server port (8080): Please enter Ambari admin user id (admin): Please enter password for admin: Un-installing old view ... Installing new view ... Removing deprecated alerts ... Updating SmartSense configurations in Ambari ... SmartSense service upgrade completed!Non-interactive mode example:
# hst upgrade-ambari-service -u admin -p 8080 -H ambari-server.hortonworks.local -P MySecurePassword123 Un-installing old view ... Installing new view ... Removing deprecated alerts ... Updating SmartSense configurations in Ambari ... SmartSense service upgrade completed!
- Restart the Ambari server: # ambari-server restart
If you have HST Gateway installed, you need to also upgrade your HST Gateway:
- If the HST Gateway is installed on the same node as HST Server or HST Agent, then the HST Gateway will gets upgraded along with them.
- If the HST Gateway is a standalone node outside of the cluster, perform upgrade steps described in Upgrading SmartSense Gateway.