Unsupported Interfaces and Features
You need to know the interfaces available in HDP or CDH platforms that are no longer supported in CDP. Some features you might have used are also unsupported.
- Hcat CLI
- Hive CLI (replaced by Beeline)
- Hive View
- LLAP (available in CDP Public Cloud only)
- MapReduce execution engine (replaced by Tez)
- S3 (available in CDP Public Cloud only)
- Spark execution engine (replaced by Tez)
- Spark thrift server
Spark and Hive tables interoperate using the Hive Warehouse Connector.
- SQL Standard Authorization
- Tez View
You can use Hue in lieu of Hive View.
CDP does not support the following features that were available in HDP and CDH platforms:
- CREATE TABLE that specifies a managed table location
Do not use the LOCATION clause to create a managed table. Hive assigns a default location in the warehouse to managed tables.
- CREATE INDEX
Hive builds and stores indexes in ORC or Parquet within the main table, instead of a different table, automatically. Set
hive.optimize.index.filterto enable use (not recommended--use materialized views instead). Existing indexes are preserved and migrated in Parquet or ORC to CDP during upgrade.
Unsupported Connector Use
CDP does not support the Sqoop exports using the Hadoop
jar command (the
Java API) that Teradata documents. For more information, see link below.