Quick start: Upgrading CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version of CDP Private Cloud Base
High-level upgrade procedures for upgrading from CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version of CDP Private Cloud Base
An upgrade from CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version of CDP Private Cloud Base has the following high-level workflow:
- Review the Upgrade Guide topic on Supported Upgrade Paths.
- Gather information on your deployment. See Getting Started Upgrading Cloudera Manager and Getting Started Upgrading a Cluster.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- Upgrade Cloudera Manager to version 7.1.1 or higher. After upgrading to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher, Cloudera Manager will manage upgrading your cluster to a higher version. See Upgrading Cloudera Manager.
- Use Cloudera Manager to Upgrade Cloudera Runtime to a higher version of Cloudera Runtime. The major and minor version of Cloudera Manager must higher than the version of Cloudera Runtime. See Upgrading a cluster