Quick start: Upgrading CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base
High-level upgrade procedures for upgrades from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- CDH 5.13 - 5.16 clusters to Cloudera Runtime 7 in CDP Private Cloud Base
- Cloudera Manager 5.13 - 5.16 to Cloudera Manager 7 in CDP Private Cloud Base
- Use Cloudera Manager Replication Manager to copy your data from a CDH 5 or CDH 6 cluster to a Cloudera Runtime 7.1 cluster. See Using Replication Manager to migrate to CDP Private Cloud Base from CDH.
An upgrade from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base has the following high-level workflow:
- Review the Upgrade Guide topic on Supported Upgrade Paths.
- Gather information on your deployment. See Getting Started Upgrading Cloudera Manager and Getting Started Upgrading a Cluster.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- Upgrade Cloudera Manager to version 7.1.1 or higher. After upgrading to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher, Cloudera Manager will manage upgrading your cluster to a higher version. See Upgrading Cloudera Manager.
- Perform any needed pre-upgrade transition steps for the components deployed in your clusters. See CDP Private Cloud Base Pre-upgrade steps
- Use Cloudera Manager to Upgrade CDH to Cloudera Runtime 7, or from Cloudera Runtime to a higher version of Cloudera Runtime. See Upgrading a cluster.
- Perform any needed post-upgrade transition steps for the components deployed in your clusters. See Post-CDP upgrade transitions.
Component Changes in CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1
YARN Fair Scheduler is being removed.
The YARN Fair Scheduler is being replaced with the YARN Capacity Scheduler. A transition tool will be provided to convert the Fair Scheduler configurations to Capacity Scheduler.
Component Changes in CDP Private Cloud Base 7.0
Pig, Flume, Sentry, and Navigator have been removed.
Pig can be replaced with Hive or Spark.
Flume has been replaced with Cloudera Flow Management (CFM). CFM is a no-code data ingestion and management solution powered by Apache NiFi. Contact your Cloudera account team for more information about moving from Flume to CFM.
Sentry has been replaced with Ranger. A Sentry-to-Ranger policy transition tool is available for CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1 and transitions will be supported when Replication Manager is used to transition Hive tables from CDH to CDP.
Navigator has been replaced with Atlas. Navigator lineage data is transferred to Atlas as part of the CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base upgrade process. Navigator audit data is not transferred to Atlas.