Quick start: Upgrading HDP to CDP Private Cloud Base
High-level upgrade procedures for upgrading from Ambari 2.6.2.x and HDP 2.6.5.x to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.1 .
- Review the Upgrade Guide topic on Supported Upgrade Paths.
- Gather information on your deployment. See Getting ready to Upgrade Ambari and HDP.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade. See Getting ready to Upgrade Ambari and HDP.
- Upgrade Ambari to CDP-Ambari. See Upgrading Ambari.
- Using CDP-DC Ambari, upgrade your cluster to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.1. See Upgrading HDP to Cloudera Runtime 7.1
- Transition Ambari to Cloudera Manager 7. Cloudera Manager 7 will then manage your clusters. See Transitioning to Cloudera Manager.
Component Changes in CDP Private Cloud Base 7.0
Flume, Storm, and Ambari have been removed.
Flume workloads can be migrated to Cloudera Flow Management (CFM). CFM is a no-code data ingestion and management solution powered by Apache NiFi. Contact your Cloudera account team for more information about moving from Flume to CFM.
Storm can be replaced with Cloudera Streaming Analytics (CSA) powered by Apache Flink. Contact your Cloudera account team for more information about moving from Storm to CSA.
Cloudera Manager has replaced Ambari, but Ambari will be used as part of the upgrade process from HDP to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.
Component Changes in CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1
Data Lifecycle Manager (DLM), Data Steward Studio (DSS), Druid, Hive LLAP, and Streaming Analytics Manager (SAM), are being removed.
Data Lifecycle Manager (DLM) is being replaced with Replication Manager.
Data Steward Studio (DSS) is being replaced with Data Catalog.
Hive LLAP and Druid are not supported.
Streaming Analytics Manager (SAM) was closely tied with Storm and has been removed.