Install CDP client on macOS
The version of Python and pip installed with macOS is older than the one required for the CDP client. You must install the latest version of Python before you install the CDP client.
Install Python on macOS
Install Python and verify if it is working.
- Download and install the latest version of Python for Mac OS X from the Python downloads page.
- Use the following commands to install pip:
$ curl -O https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py
$ python3 get-pip.py --user
- Use the following commands to verify that Python and pip are correctly installed:
Install CDP client after Python on macOS
Install the CDP CLI client and verify if it is working.
- Use the following command to install the CDP client:
$ pip3 install cdpcli --user
- After you install the CDP client, add the Python directory that contains the client executable files to the PATH environment variable.
- The directory can vary based on where Python is installed. For example, for Python 3.6.x the executable files are in the following directory:
- Use the following command to verify that the CDP client is correctly installed:
To upgrade the CDP client to the latest version, run the following command:
$ pip3 install cdpcli --upgrade --user