Step 2) Deploy the Azure quick start template
The Azure quick start template is a customized ARM template that deploys essential Azure resources for the CDP environment.
- Click Deploy to Azure to begin ARM template deployment of CDP prerequisites in your Azure subscription.
- Log in to Azure to create the resources in your subscription that are required for CDP deployment. These resources include VNet, ADLS Gen2, and 4 user managed identities.
- On the Custom deployment screen, click Create new under the Resource group field and then give the resource group a name.
Under Settings, provide an Environment Name in the
- Accept the terms and conditions, and click
Purchase.An ARM script begins to run in the background, creating the resources required for a CDP environment. This may take around 10 minutes.
- When your resource group is up, navigate to the Overview page of the resource group.
- Copy and paste the following values into a note, as you will need them in the next
- Subscription ID: Your subscription ID is found at the top of the resource group Overview page.
- Resource group: The name of the resource group that you created.