Configuring CDP client with the API access key
After you generate the access key, go to the command line and run the following commands to configure the CDP client.
- On the command line, run the following command to configure the client with the access key:
- Enter the following information at the prompt:
- CDP Access key. Copy and paste the access key ID that you generated in the Management Console.
- CDP Private key. Copy and paste the private key that you generated in the Management Console.
The configuration utility creates the following file to store your user credentials:
- To verify that the credentials were created correctly, run the following command:
cdp iam get-user
The command displays your CDP client credentials.
- After you configure the client, go back to the Management Console and click OK to exit the access key window.