Livy to CDP
How to migrate Apache Livy data to CDP.
CDP Livy Versions
- Livy has been upgraded to version 0.7 to in CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.x.
- CDP Public Cloud includes a DataHub Data Engineering template that contains with Livy and Spark.
- JDBC/Thrift Server support has been added to Livy. This is an improvement over Spark Thrift Server, which is neither secure nor fault-tolerant.
- The Thrift server is disabled by default in Livy, but you can use Cloudera Manager to enable the Thrift Server.
- Use the HWC .jar and configuration when accessing managed tables.
- Writes to managed tables via the Livy Thrift Server are not currently supported.