Create a Compute Cluster
After you've created your replication policy, the last thing you need to do before you burst to the cloud is create a compute cluster. This will help you determine the size of the cloud cluster you need.
- In the Burst to Cloud wizard, click the Create Compute button. This takes you to Cloudera Data Warehouse, where you can select a database catalog and create a virtual warehouse for your migration.
- Click the plus symbol (+) to create a virtual warehouse. You can configure the warehouse parameters, such as size, headroom, and wait time.
- After the virtual warehouse is created, open the menu for the warehouse and seelct Open DAS.
- This opens the Data Analytics Studio, where you can verify that your workload is in the cloud. Select the Database tab and search for the database that you used for the workload. Under the Detailed Information tab, find the Location row, which shows you where the workload exists. As you can see in the exmaple below, the is in the cloud.
- Generate a cloud rating for your workload.
- Use the performance rating to determine whether your workload is a good candidate for the cloud.
- Open the Burst to Cloud wizard, which guides you through the burst to cloud process.
- In the Burst to Cloud wizard, you'll create a replication policy.
- After the replication runs, you can view the policy and job history in Replication Manager.
- Next, you'll create a compute cluster, which can be a Data Warehouse Cluster or a Data Hub cluster.
- Finally, you'll burst your workload to the cloud and verify that the burst has been successfully completed.