Hive and Impala Replication in Cloudera Manager 5.11 and Lower
If the source and destination clusters both run Cloudera Manager 5.12 or higher, you do not need to complete the steps in this section.
These additional steps are no longer required for Hive or Impala replication. If you are using Cloudera Manager 5.11 or lower, complete the steps above in , and then complete the steps in the following section.
- Perform the procedure described in the previous section.
- On the hosts in the source cluster, ensure that the
krb5.conffile on each host has the following information:
- The kdc information for the destination cluster's Kerberos realm.
- Domain/host-to-realm mapping for the destination cluster NameNode hosts.
- On the source cluster, use Cloudera Manager to add the realm
of the destination cluster to the Trusted Kerberos Realms
- Go to the HDFS service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the search field type "Trusted Kerberos" to find the Trusted Kerberos Realms property.
- Enter the destination cluster realm.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
It is not necessary to restart any services on the source cluster.