Send a diagnostic bundle to Cloudera Support
You can trigger diagnostic bundle collection for your CDP environment in order to send Data Lake, FreeIPA, and Data Hub logs to Cloudera Support for support case resolution.
- FreeIPA deployment time must be September 2020 or later.
- The VMs from which diagnostic data is to be collected must be running.
- Salt minions must be started properly on the CM nodes.
Log in to the CDP web interface.
Navigate to the Management Console.
Click Help in the bottom left corner and select Collect Diagnostic Data.
- Click the Collect New Diagnostic Data button.
- On the General Information page, provide the following:
- Select the environment for which you would like to generate a diagnostic bundle. This is required.
- Enter the related support case number. This is required. You can obtain the case number from the MyCloudera portal or from your email by checking support case notification emails.
- Under Time Range, you can optionally specify a specific point in time (date and time) from which to start the collection. The cutoff date and time is automatically set to the time when you initiate the collection and it cannot be modified.
- Click Next.
- On the Selected Services page:
- You can optionally select to generate diagnostic bundles for Data Hub clusters. After adding a Data Hub, by default diagnostics is collected from all nodes, but you can optionally limit it to one or more specific nodes.
- Additionally, when you trigger log collection, CDP automatically collects logs from all nodes of the Data Lake and FreeIPA clusters. By default diagnostics is collected from all nodes, but you can optionally limit it to one or more specific nodes.
- Click Collect.
- New entries appear on the page, allowing you to track the status of the log collection. Since a separate bundle is created for each service, there is one entry for each of the following: Data Lake, FreeIPA, and one entry for each Data Hub. While the collection is in progress, the collection status is In progress:
- Once the collection is complete, the status changes to Completed. This means that Cloudera Support can now access the diagnostic bundles: