Identifying Performance Trends
This task identifies performance trends over a selected time range.
You can identify trends as well as baselines by analyzing your engine’s or cluster’s performance trends from the Trends chart widget and the Trend tab. Where:
- The Trends time-series chart widget displays more detailed metrics about the processed jobs and queries and enables you to view historical trends for analysis when you select a predefined or custom time period from the Range filter list.
- The Trends tab displays the job or query's instances executed during the selected time range. Depending on the engine, the Trends page displays a job's historical trend from Duration, Data Input, and Data Output histogram charts or lists the runs of the query to show how its performance changes overtime.
- In a supported browser, log in to the Workload Manager or Workload XM web UI.
- In the Clusters page, select the cluster required for analysis.
- From the Trend chart widget, select the tab of each engine that has processed jobs or queries. Notice if there are any failed or slow jobs or queries.
For any Failed Jobs or Queries and for any slow jobs or queries, labeled Job
Duration or Query Active Time, select the number under the aforementioned
The following image shows the Total Queries, Failed Queries, and Query Active Time labels from a Workload View's Trend chart widget:
- From either the Job or Queries page that opens, record those jobs or queries that are failing and their health issue.
- For more insights, click a job or query and then select the Trend tab.
- Record your findings.