Cloudera Data Platform Data Center Edition 7 is now generally available
On November 22, 2019, we released CDP Data Center, our next-generation on-premises offering, representing the strongest elements of the former Cloudera and Hortonworks platforms accompanied by new innovations for better scalability, performance and private cloud readiness.
Relative to Cloudera’s Enterprise Data Hub, CDP Data Center now offers:
- Better security: attribute-based, fine-grained access controls featuring dynamic row filtering and column masking with Ranger.
- Better governance: more scalable data lineage, data discovery, and metadata search with Atlas 2.0.
- Better performance: faster Hive queries and support for ACID transactions.
Relative to Hortonworks Data Platform, CDP Data Center brings:
- Better management: manage multiple clusters from one control plane, one-click wire encryption, and streamlined maintenance operations with Cloudera Manager.
- Better SQL analytics: low-latency interactive SQL with Impala, Kudu, and Hue.
- Better encryption: enterprise-grade cryptographic key storage with Key Trustee Server.
And for all our customers, CDP Data Center provides the foundation (storage and SDX) for our upcoming CDP Private applications.
But that’s only scratching the surface. For a complete list of features and information on Data Center, make sure to visit all these great resources:
As always, we welcome your feedback. Please send your comments and suggestions to the user group through our community forums. You can also report issues through our external Jira projects on issues.cloudera.org.