Uninstalling CPM Deployments
This topic describes how to uninstall Cloudera Data Science Workbench from a cluster.
- Log in to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console.
On the Home > Status tab, click to the right of the CDSW service and select Stop
from the dropdown and confirm that you want to stop the service.
(Strongly Recommended) On the master host, backup the contents of the
/var/lib/cdswdirectory. This is the directory that stores all your application data.
To create the backup, run the following command on the master host:
tar cvzf cdsw.tar.gz /var/lib/cdsw/*
- Go back to Cloudera Manager and click .
- Go to the CDSW parcel and click Deactivate.
- Select Deactivate Only from the list.
- Click the to the right of the Activate button and select Remove From Hosts.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Go back to the Delete from the dropdown and confirm that you want to delete the service. page and click to the right of the CDSW service. Select
Remove all your user data that is stored in
/var/lib/cdswon the master host from the deployment. This step will permanently remove all user data.
sudo rm -Rf /var/lib/cdswFor more details on how to uninstall Cloudera Manager and it's components, see Uninstalling Cloudera Manager and Managed Software.