Download and Install the Cloudera Data Science Workbench CSD
Provides instructions to download and install the Cloudera Data Science Workbench CSD.
- To download Cloudera Data Science Workbench, you must have an active subscription
agreement along with the required authentication credentials (namely, the username
and password). The authentication credentials are provided in an email sent to the
customer account from Cloudera when a new license is issued.
If you do not have the authentication credentials, contact your account representative to receive the same.
You can download the CDSW version 1.10.2 using the URLs listed in CDSW Download Information.
- Because Cloudera Manager distributes parcels to every host in the cluster, ensure that all nodes in your cluster have enough space (50 GB) in their parcel directory (default opt/cloudera/parcels/) for the CDSW parcel.
- Download the Cloudera Data Science Workbench CSD. Make sure you download the
CSD that corresponds to the version of CDH or Cloudera Runtime you are using.
See CDSW Download Information for the download urls.
- Log on to the Cloudera Manager Server host, and place the CSD file
/opt/cloudera/csd, which is the default location for CSD files. To configure a custom location for CSD files, refer to the Cloudera Manager documentation at Configuring the Location of Custom Service Descriptor Files.
Set the file ownership to
cloudera-scm:cloudera-scmwith permission 644.Set the file ownership.CDH
chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH-CDH<X>-1.10.2<Y>.jarCDP Data Center
chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH-CDPDC-1.10.2<Y>.jar
- Set the file permissions.
chmod 644 CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH-CDH<X>-1.10.2<Y>.jarCDP Data Center
chmod 644 CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH-CDPDC-1.10.2<Y>.jar
- Restart the Cloudera Manager Server:
service cloudera-scm-server restart
Log into the Cloudera Manager Admin Console and restart the Cloudera Management
- Select .
- Select .