Recommended Configuration on Microsoft Azure
When setting up Cloudera Data Science Workbench on Microsoft Azure, you should consider the recommended configuration.
- For instructions on deploying CDH and Cloudera Manager on Azure, refer the Cloudera Reference Architecture for Azure deployments.
- Use Cloudera Director to orchestrate operations. Use Cloudera Manager to monitor the cluster.
- No security group or network restrictions between hosts.
- HTTP connectivity to the corporate network for browser access. Do not use proxies or manual SSH tunnels.
Recommended Instance Types
- DS13-DS14 v2 instances on all hosts.
- P30 premium storage for the Application and Docker block
Cloudera Data Science Workbench requires premium disks for its block devices on Azure. Standard disks can lead to unacceptable performance even on small clusters.
- P30 premium storage for the Application and Docker block devices.