Upgrading cdsw-csd files for Cloudera Manager
When upgrading the base CDH cluster to CDP, you must also upgrade the underlying cdsw-csd files for Cloudera Manager. Otherwise Cloudera Manager will state that the CDSW version is not supported.
Download the correct CDSW CDP files for CDP Private Cloud Base.
The correct CDP file names are:
- For CDH 6: CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH_CDH6_1.x.y.jar
- For CDP Private Cloud Base: CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH_CDPDC_1.x.y.jar
Upgrade cluster from CDH 6 to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.x:
- Stop Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Log on to the Cloudera Manager Server host.
Place the CDP files in /opt/cloudera/csd.
This is the default location for CDP files. The cds file name reflects the older name for this file.
- Restart Cloudera Manager Server.
- Upgrade CDP Private Cloud Base based on the CDP Private Cloud Base upgrade documentation.
- Remove any existing CDH 6 CDPs from the Cloudera Manager Server host. This step is optional.
- Restart Cloudera Data Science Workbench.