New Features and Changes in Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.7.2
Major features and updates for Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Added support for CDP Data Center 7.0
- Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Data Center is the on-premises version of Cloudera
Data Platform. This new product combines the best of Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub
and Hortonworks Data Platform Enterprise along with new features and enhancements
across the stack. CDP Data Center is comprised of a variety of components such as
Apache HDFS, Apache Hive 3, Apache HBase, and Apache Impala, along with many other
components for specialized workloads. For details, see CDP Data Center Overview.
You can use Cloudera Manager to install CDSW 1.7.2 as a parcel on CDP Data Center 7.0. RPM package installs are not supported.
- Environment variables set at the Site Admin-level and project-level are now passed to models and experiments during the container build process.
- Previously (CDSW 1.7.1 and lower), the environment variables set at the site
admin level and project level did not automatically get pulled into the builds
created for models and experiments. They needed to be explicitly coded into the
cdsw-build.shfile. With CDSW 1.7.2 and higher, experiments and models will automatically inherit these admin and project-level environment variables.
Note that custom mounts or environment variables configured in
HTTP(S)_PROXY, etc.) are still not passed to the container builds for experiments and models (even though they are applied to sessions, jobs, and deployed models/experiments).
- WARNING: This change affects access to Analytical Applications
- The expected host IP of CDSW_PUBLIC_PORT has been changed from 0.0.0.0 to localhost (127.0.0.1). This will affect the ability of analytical applications to connect for users who are not authenticated by CDSW. Existing applications listening on "0.0.0.0:CDSW_PUBLIC_PORT" must be migrated to “localhost:CDSW_PUBLIC_PORT".