New Features in Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.4.0
Major features and updates for Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Models and Experiments
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.4 extends the machine learning platform
experience from research to production. Now you can use Cloudera Data Science
Workbench to build, train, and deploy models in a unified workflow.
- Experiments - Train and compare versioned, reproducible models
- Models - Deploy and manage models as REST APIs to serve predictions
- External Authentication
- LDAP/SAML users can now restrict access to Cloudera Data Science Workbench to
specific LDAP/SAML groups. Additionally, you can now specify groups that should
automatically be granted site administrator privileges when they log in to
Cloudera Data Science Workbench. For details, see Configuring External
Authentication with LDAP and SAML.
Cloudera Data Science Workbench now supports multiple identity provider signing certificates for SAML 2.0 authentication.
Cloudera Data Science Workbench now supports SAML 2.0 Errata 05 E43 for SAML 2.0 authentication.
- Projects and Workbench
Site administrators can now disable individual built-in template projects by using a checkbox in the Project Templates table at. Only enabled project templates will be displayed in the dropdown menu when creating a new project.
.gitignorefile that is created with each new project has been updated to:
R node_modules *.pyc .* !.gitignore
Added support for multiple Terminal windows within a single session.
Cloudera Data Science Workbench now supports DNS resolution of localhost to non-local IP address (not 127.0.0.1).
Cloudera Data Science Workbench now appends the following default values to the
NO_PROXYparameter if any of the following properties are configured:
"127.0.0.1,localhost,100.66.0.1,100.66.0.2,100.66.0.3, 100.66.0.4,100.66.0.5,100.66.0.6,100.66.0.7,100.66.0.8,100.66.0.9, 100.66.0.10,100.66.0.11,100.66.0.12,100.66.0.13,100.66.0.14, 100.66.0.15,100.66.0.16,100.66.0.17,100.66.0.18,100.66.0.19, 100.66.0.20,100.66.0.21,100.66.0.22,100.66.0.23,100.66.0.24, 100.66.0.25,100.66.0.26,100.66.0.27,100.66.0.28,100.66.0.29, 100.66.0.30,100.66.0.31,100.66.0.32,100.66.0.33,100.66.0.34, 100.66.0.35,100.66.0.36,100.66.0.37,100.66.0.38,100.66.0.39, 100.66.0.40,100.66.0.41,100.66.0.42,100.66.0.43,100.66.0.44, 100.66.0.45,100.66.0.46,100.66.0.47,100.66.0.48,100.66.0.49, 100.66.0.50,100.77.0.10,100.77.0.128,100.77.0.129,100.77.0.130, 100.77.0.131,100.77.0.132,100.77.0.133,100.77.0.134,100.77.0.135, 100.77.0.136,100.77.0.137,100.77.0.138,100.77.0.139"
- Installation Validation Checks
- Improved validation checks run during the installation process. Cloudera Data
Science Workbench now:
- Verifies that the wildcard DNS subdomain has been configured.
- Verifies that
resolv.confis not pointing to 127.0.0.1.
- Validates iptables chains to ensure there are no custom rules being set.
- Throws a warning if you are using a self-signed TLS certificate, an expired certificate, or if the certificate is not valid for the wildcard domain used for Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Command Line
- Added a verbose option to the
cdsw status [-v|--verbose]
- Kubernetes has been upgraded to version 1.8.12.