New Features and Changes in Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.2.0
Major features and updates for Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench is now available as an add-on service for Cloudera Manager. To this end, Cloudera Data Science Workbench is now distributed in a parcel that integrates with Cloudera Manager using a Custom Service Descriptor (CSD). You can use Cloudera Manager to install, upgrade, and monitor Cloudera Data Science Workbench. Diagnostics data bundles can be generated and submitted to Cloudera through Cloudera Manager.
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench now enables secure sharing of job and session consoles. Additionally, site administrators can disable anonymous sharing from the Site Administrator dashboard (Sharing Job and Session Console Outputs ). See
- The page now includes graphs for monitoring usage activity such as number of CPUs or GPUs used, memory usage, and total session runs, over customizable periods of time.
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench now lets you configure session, job, and idle timeouts. These can be configured using environmental variables either for the entire deployment or per-project.
disablecommands are no longer needed. The master host will now automatically detect the IP addresses of worker hosts joining or leaving Cloudera Data Science Workbench. See the revisedCloudera Data Science Workbench Command Line Reference.
- The Kudu Python client is now included in the Cloudera Data Science Workbench base engine image.
- Interactive session names can now be modified by project contributors and admins. By default, session names are set to 'Untitled Session'.
- All-numeric usernames are now accepted.
- Kubernetes has been upgraded to version 1.6.11.
Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.2.0 ships version 3 of the base engine image which includes
matplotlibimprovements and the Kudu client libraries. Engine 3 ships the following versions of R and Python:
- R - 3.4.1
- Python - 2.7.11, 3.6.1
Make sure you upgrade existing projects to Base Image v3 () to take advantage of the new features and bug fixes included in the new engine.