New Features and Changes in Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.9.0
Major features and updates for Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- ML Runtimes
- As an alternative to the existing Engines in CML, ML Runtimes are more lightweight than the current monolithic Engines. By specifying the desired Editor, Kernel, Edition, and Version, a streamlined Runtime will be used to run the user’s code in Sessions, Jobs, Experiments, Models, or Applications.
- Support for ML Ops Governance
- MLOps Governance is now supported on CDP Private Base.
- Updated Data Science Project dashboard
- The Data Scientist Project dashboard has been updated.
- LDAP Group Sync
- You can now create a team that synchronizes with an LDAP group to more easily manage user access to a team.
- Support for applications with public, unauthenticated access
- Applications can now be configured for public, unauthenticated access.
- Support for SLES12 SP5, CentOS/RHEL 7.8
- SLES12 SP5, CentOS/RHEL 7.8 are now supported operating systems.
- ML Runtimes supports JupyterLab (Technical Preview)
- JupyterLab is now an available ML Runtime, in technical preview.
- Documentation new look and feel
- There are significant changes to the format and content of the CDSW product
documentation. Here are few new things to note:
- Navigation Bar - Subjects are now grouped under major
You'll notice that we've added some major categories and grouped subjects under these categories. For example, there are now Concept, Installation & Upgrade, and How To categories among others. Relevant subjects are grouped under these categories. Under Concepts you'll find Overview and Architecture information. Under How To, you'll find the Quick Start and User Guides, along with information on how to set up and configure Projects, Editors, Model, etc.
- Introduction of foyer pages
Foyer pages provide additional information about the topics grouped under that subject. Foyer pages are only used for subjects that contain a lot of major topics. For example, Site Administration provides a foyer page that lists and defines the major subjects contained in Site Administration, including Monitoring, Quotas, and Data Collection.
- New links are necessary
As part of restructuring the documentation, we separated many large topics into smaller, more concise topics. As a result, topic titles have changed and any links you've saved to previous CDSW releases will not work for CDSW 1.9.0.
- Navigation Bar - Subjects are now grouped under major categories.