Increasing StateStore Timeout
If you have an extensive Impala schema, for example, with hundreds of databases, tens of thousands of tables, you might encounter timeout errors during startup as the Impala catalog service broadcasts metadata to all the Impala nodes using the StateStore service. To avoid such timeout errors on startup, increase the StateStore timeout value from its default of 10 seconds.
impaladlog such as:
Connection with state-store lost Trying to re-register with state-store
- Log in to the CDP web interface and navigate to the Data Warehouse service.
- In the Data Warehouse service, click Virtual Warehouses in the left navigation panel.
- Select the Impala Virtual Warehouse, click options for the warehouse you want to set the timeout and retry options.
- Click Edit and navigate to Impala Coordinatorunder Configurationstab.
Using the + sign, specify the following if the option is not already added.
Specify a new timeout value larger than the current value using the option StateStoreSubscriber Timeout.
- Click Apply and restart Impala.